The condition of your tires is important for driving safety. By following these five golden rules, you can ensure top mileage, safe performance and a longer useful life for your tyres.
1. Check your tyre pressures regularly. Uneven inflation between tyres affects the driving qualities of your vehicle and makes the tyres wear unevenly.
2. Rotate the positions of your tyres between the front and rear axles after every 5,000 to 10,000 kilometres (3,000 to 6,000 miles) as the tyres wear differently in different positions. Remember to check tyre pressures when changing tyres.
3. Check that you mount your tyres according to the rolling direction marking on the side of the tyre. If the tyres are mounted against their designated rolling direction, their driving qualities will not be optimal in all conditions.
4. Drive smoothly. Panic braking and side-slips shorten the useful life of tyres and this is particularly true of studded tyres.
5. Check your old tyres for uneven wear when changing tyres. Correctly mounted and carefully driven tyres wear evenly. If your tyres show uneven wear, get the driving angles of your car measured and have your tyres mounted and balanced at a professional repair shop.
Info you should know
* Tyres if not rotated lose around 30% of it’s life time.
* Tyres fitted in wrong direction, increase the fuel consumption and exterior and interior noise, and 50% less in life time.
* After mounting new tires, you need from 500 to 1000 kms of carful driving.
The tyre life time to be improved mainly depend on the driver, correct installing, maintaining the correct and pressure and tyre rotation will save you a lot of money.